Sat 30th Nov

Potton United

SSML Premier Division






Arlesey Town



Yet another draw this time 2-2.

Arlesey looked better balanced for this game as they welcomed back Hatch and Moss up front while Conor Young replaced the suspended Josh Brown for his 1st start. Arlesey started quickly and positively with a good move as James Hatch found Ryan Lamond who pulled the ball back to Arron Browne who hit a great shot that veteran keeper Dean Bull tipped over the bar. Potton countered with a corner that was met with a good header that Conor Young cleared off the line.

A great cross in by Browne beat the keeper but went just over Aedan Gaffney’s outstretched boot. Arlesey kept up the pressure he pressure as Charlie Moss won the ball and found Hatch who shot just past the post. Moss was continuously beating his full back but he was unable to get in telling shot or cross but on one attack the ref stopped the game for an injury while Arlesey were in possession. The ref restarted with a drop ball which Potton totally switched off for and Browne quickly chipped in Hatch who slid it under the keeper for a deserved 0-1 on 19 mins.


Arlesey kept up the pressure and it was no surprise as on 26th min as Ryan Lamond put in a deep looping cross that the keeper only got a finger to pushing it onto the post and across the goal for Charlie Moss to push over the line from close range 0-2.

A rare home attack saw a shot go past the post but generally Arlesey were dominating the game, Hatch made a good turn and shot on the edge of the area that pulled a good save from Bull, Browne found Hatch who shot and again Bull stopped it well going out to Ross Taylor who again found Hatch who again saw his shot well saved.Another great move saw Moss and Hatch combining well feeding in Hatch who chipped over the advancing keeper, the ball looked to be dropping in but slid just over the bar. With Arlesey totally dominant and 45 mins on the clock the ball came to ex Arlesey player Taz Andrews who hit a superb 35 yard strike that sailed into the top corner of Arlesey’s net to give a 1-2 score line at HT.

the second period was a polar opposite of the 1st as Potton pushed on and forced Arlesey back. Browne went off injured and Arlesey just failed to find the intensity of the 1st half. The Potton 11 was lucky to only see yellow as he 1st fouled and then trod on Conor Young which the ref said he didn’t see. The Potton sub went down dramatically in the box but the ref waived it away but he was booked for simulation as he dramatically went down as if he had been shot when he went over a prostrate Young. The Potton winger did well as he attacked into the box and pulled a good save from Robbie Ponting for a corner that was headed over.


Potton were forcing Arlesey back but time was running out as Potton forced a corner that came back to a Potton player who shot through the crowd high into the net for a dramatic 2-2 89th min equaliser. There was still time for a rather late attempt from Arlesey as Moss hit a good low shot that went just past the post. FT 2-2.

A game that sums up Arlesey’s season 1st 45 total domination and it would not have been wrong to have gone in at least 0-4 up but it was a story of missed chances and this should have been out of Potton reach. 2nd 45 was frankly not good enough in all departments but at least it was an away draw at the end and another point but this was really points dropped

Report By Chris Sterry