48887469713_867b3207f0_o (1).jpg

Tue 28th Jan

Arlesey Town

League Challenge Trophy Q-F

Mukudi (2)



download (2).jpg

Park View

Arlesey made 6 changes from Saturday some forced some not for this quarter final game.


Arlesey started with a good intensity although Park View had the 1st chance as the centre forward got in a good volley at the end of a well worked move but it was no problem for Alfie Hickman making a return to the team.


Arlesey started getting their passing game going, a good ball in from Ryan Lamond found Oussama Bennani but he volleyed over and a good ball from Alex Taylor found Lamond but his cross was not near enough to anyone in blue. Bukele Mukudi had a long shot off target and Aaron Gooch had a header from a corner but it was easily cleared.


Arlesey were generally on top and putting balls in but Park view we’re defending well and Arlesey were not getting through to create good goal scoring opportunities.A good chance came on 37 mins as a good ball in was palmed away by the keeper and Lamond was in front of him but he stabbed the ball just past the post.


Park View pressed forward a bit but they could only muster a shot that went well over the bar after a good move. Just before half time Arlesey did finally get a shot on target as Alex Taylor got in Shot from a good cross but the keeper saved well with his feet. HT 0-0

The 2nd period started with Josh Brown went off with a knock and he was replaced by Conor Young. An attack by Lamond was stopped as he went down under challenge at the edge of the box but nothing was given. A ball in fed in Mukudi but his shot across goal just missed the far post and Lamond had a shot blocked. Demi Debola won the ball in midfield and fed in Mukudi but again his shot was off target.


Another cross in from Lamond was cleared as far as Jardell Stirling who shot well over. With frustration starting to creep in a good ball forward by Bennani fed in Mukudi he sidestepped beat his man and put in a low accurate shot just inside of the post to finally score his 1st goal for Arlesey in the 71st min.

With Arlesey now in control Stirling had a header blocked from a corner before the keeper grabbed the loose ball.
Arlesey replaced Bennani with Charlie Black and pushed on. A cross in from Browne was just to high for Lamond who headed wide and on 82 mins Alex Taylor chased down the full back dispossessed him and put a square ball to Mukudi who fired it high into the roof of the net for 2-0 and his second goal.

Arlesey then just controlled the game to see out the time to book their place in the semi final which the draw put them away v Old Bradwell on Saturday March 7th.

A good comfortable game for Arlesey although they were a little off target at the start they dominated play and always looked very comfortable.

This Saturday coming up we have our enforced blank Saturday so a day off, but next Tuesday we have another quarter final this time in the Premier Division Cup as we entertain Leverstock Green.

Report By C.Sterry