photo credit : @JTNCFC


Tues 1st Sept


FA CUP extra Preliminary Round









Arlesey Town


Arlesey’s season got off to a disastrous start last night at Wroxham as they crashed out of the FA cup. After the very long journey which did effect team selection the game was only 2 mins old when a ball through the defence was not controlled by Lessa Boka which allowed the Wroxham forward to get behind him and he made no mistake as he fired home 1-0.

This was compounded in just the 4th minute as another ball was simply passed through the Arlesey defence and slotted home for 2-0, game over before it had started.

Arlesey were shocked but tried to get back into the game as Craig Packham won a corner, this came out to Boka who got a shot off bringing a save out of the keeper. A good ball in from Ryan Lamond came out to Lincoln Gilmartin who was fouled. Bruno Brito hit a strong low shot but it was a routine save for the keeper.

On 14mins Wroxham won a corner and this was delivered in but again the marking was misplaced and the Wroxham player had a free header that went in off the bar for 3-0. Another corner was well saved by Luke Daley from a shot through the crowd.

A good move from Arlesey saw Brito feed in Tony Ellis, as he was tackled it looked like hand ball by the defender but nothing was given. Arlesey were starting to get their game going but all this was undone again when Wroxham put together a good passing move that worked around the Arlesey defenders and ended with a simple tap over the line for 4-0 on 33mins.


Again this was compounded just 2mins later as a long ball out was collected and the forward chipped the ball over Daley and it dropped into the net for 5-0 on just 35mins.

Arlesey tried to sort themselves out, from a corner Craig Packham had a shot that was taken by the keeper and just before half time a Wroxham FK a was well taken by Daley and Packham put in a good cross but it was taken by the keeper.

Half time came none to soon for Arlesey and in the new Covid era team talk on the pitch “words were said”. The outcome being that Jason Darvall replaced Boka.

Arlesey changed their system and instantly looked more solid, and they pushed forward with Brito finding Gilmartin who put in a good ball into Aarron Browne who shot just past the post. Tony Ellis making his 1st start for 15 months ran out of steam and was replaced by Saeed Yusuf.


A good ball in by Packham looked to be hand ball in the box by the defender but this was waived away much to Arlesey’s frustration. Wroxham were now not penetrating the Arlesey defence with the same ease and they were restricted to longer range efforts. A FK produced a good shot that pulled a good save from Daley that went as a corner that was cleared.


Luis Fernandes had to come off with an injury before Packham again showing promise down the wing took the ball forward and curled in a shot from the edge of the box that just scraped the far post.

A corner from Wroxham came out for a good shot that was well saved by Daley then a misplaced goal kick went to a forward but he was well stopped by a great tackle by Adam Randall. Arlesey had one more chance as Brito made a good pass finding Yusuf but he shot over the bar.


On 90 mins Wroxham had a FK. which again produced a great shot and an even better save fro Daley but then the final whistle went for a resounding home win.

This game was over for Arlesey before it began with their terrible start. Wroxham are a good side but Arlesey just didn’t start properly and some harsh words were needed and delivered and things need to be fixed before the next game.